AMD over the weekend released the AMD Software Adrenalin drivers. Version 22.10.2 WHQL fixed a host of outstanding issues. To begin with, Radeon Super Resolution failing to trigger after screen resolution or HDR settings change in Nioh 2, has been fixed. V-Sync being set globally to always-off causing system stuttering or driver timeouts during video playback on the RX 6000-series GPUs, has been fixed. A driver timeout noticed during HEVC video encoding on RX 6000-series GPUs has been fixed. Video playback dropped framed issues on Chromium web-browsers with hardware-accelerated video decoding, has been fixed. Chromium-based browsers experiencing video stuttering on extended monitors and mixed refresh rates, has been fixed. Bouncy or wobbly Oculus dashboard menu has been fixed. Inverted colors when previewing the timeline in Vegas Pro has been fixed.
DOWNLOAD: AMD Software Adrenalin 22.10.2
- Radeon Super Resolution may fail to trigger after changing resolution or HDR settings on games such as Nioh 2.
- Vertical Refresh Sync set globally to Always Off may cause system stuttering or driver timeout during video playback using Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs.
- Driver timeout may occur using HEVC hardware encoding on Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs.
- Dropped frames may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration on Chromium-based browsers with Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs.
- Chromium-based browsers may experience video stuttering on extended monitors with mixed refresh rates using Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs.
- Oculus dashboard menu and rendered controllers may appear bouncing/wobbly on Oculus Quest 2 with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon RX 6800 XT Graphics.
- While previewing the timeline in VEGAS Pro, some colors may appear inverted.
- GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon 570.
- When Radeon Anti-Lag is enabled, a beep can be heard when pressing shift + back key. [Resolution targeted for 22.11.1]
- Elite Dangerous may crash upon launch on Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.3]
- Stuttering may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration with Firefox on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon RX 6900 XT Graphics.
- Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon RX 6700 XT.
- Improvements have been made in 22.10.2 to reduce occurrence for some configurations.